Today we celebrate BBBS’ 44th birthday in Central Texas and the countless mentorships that our supporters have made possible over the years. Thanks to you, BBBS has grown from serving a handful of young people 44 years ago to more than 1,000 young people in 2014 alone. What does that number mean? It means you’ve made a life-changing difference for hundreds of Little Brothers and Sisters right here in Central Texas through your incredible support– and that you believe in a larger vision that all children can achieve success in life. Here are some more tremendous accomplishments you’ve made possible.
• 1,165 children had a BBBS mentor
• 69,900 volunteer hours were given by “Bigs”
• 293 kids were taken off the waiting list and matched with a caring adult mentor
• 20 events were hosted by BBBS staff for matches to enjoy (and learn while) doing something fun
• 484 Little Brothers and Sisters were matched with their mentor for more than a year
• 8,460 staff consultations were conducted with volunteers, kids and families, ensuring matches were healthy, safe and provided an all-around positive experience.
• $308,000 in college scholarships were promised to “Littles” via the BBBS Scholarship Foundation
THANK YOU for making 2014 an amazing year for every child in the BBBS program!