You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but did you know there is a Giving Tuesday?
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way to give something back — then tell everyone about how you’re doing it. In other words, Giving Tuesday is a global conversation that is all about helping others and spreading the word during one epic, social media blowout.
Here are some ideas for how you can join us – take your pick and show your support!
Spread the word
- Tweet, Facebook or Instagram about what the BBBS mission means to you. (Don’t forget to mention us: @bigmentoring #GivingTuesday)
- Are you a Big? Tell your friends how you make a difference.
- Share this blog post – or one of these amazing real-life “Big Stories”!
Start a new holiday tradition
- Donate your holiday. Create your personal holiday page and ask your friends and family to support kids in our community in lieu of gifts this year.
- Do your holiday shopping at Amazon.com and they’ll donate a percentage of your total purchase to support our kids (The donation stays local and this link is active year-round, so you can share it with your friends, coworkers, anybody!)
Give the gift of friendship
- Sign up to become a mentor. What better way to give back?
- Donate, or give a gift in honor of a loved one, to help more kids achieve success in life.
- Are you already a Big? Check if your company will match your volunteer hours and make twice the impact.
These are just a few ideas – what else can we do to make this the best #GivingTuesday ever? How are you participating? Tell us in the comments!